Sunday, September 20, 2015

1000 Reasons to Procrastinate

I've got a thousand reasons to procrastinate but I'll tell you about them another day.

No. 
I'll share a few now. 
NOW, I tell you!

I procrastinate because of analysis paralysis.
I procrastinate because it may be messy.
I procrastinate because Ineed more supplies.
I procrastinate because I need to do more research.
I procrastinate because I am lazy some days.
I procrastinate because I am nervous.
I procrastinate because everyone in the house is grouchy. including me.
I procrastinate because I am unfamiliar.
I procrastinate because it might hurt.
I procrastinate because I don't know Shakespeare or poetry, even.
I procrastinate because I may not have time to finish.
I procrastinate because I don't have all the answers.
I procrastinate because
                              because
                                     because.

But what if: I "do it now".
I heard once that wildly successful people have been known to drive to work chanting the mantra:
 do it now. do it now. do it now.

Every grandma has told us (ad nauseum) "no time like the present".
They're right, too.

There really is no time just like the present and when the present moment is gone, it is gone forever. No getting it back.


so what if we: 
get out the paint, 
read the book, 
have the tea party, 
cut down on the chocolate,
begin learning mandarin,
snuggle a little longer,
throw out the some stuff we don't need,
give away the some decent things that we only shuffle,
wear a bathing suit and get in the water,
go for a power walk,
smile,
breathe,
just 
do 
it. 
[thank you Nike]
here's when i did it "now"- 
[I wish the collection was bigger]
made the Pinterest project with the girls..

let a 2 year old do the gardening


fixed all the Barbie's hair


had a spontaneous picnic and story time



jumped in a stream on the way somewhere


went cherry picking in 104 degree heat






grew a chia pet


made portraits from veggie sticks


made stick gingerbread dudes that taste terrible


went dumpster diving at 10 pm with a 3,5 and 7 year old


tried to make some art




made pretzels from scratch


let mini munchkins paint my toes



I'm not gonna lie- 
it was all very hot, messy, took time, wasn't on the to-do list.
but it wasn't as hot, messy and time consuming as i thought it would be...and the memories- well- they can't be replaced.
we did it. and lived to tell about it, rather than think about perhaps doing it one day.

Huh.
Gotta try that again.
It might not hurt too bad. 
It might work.
It might not.
And we'll live if it doesn't.






No comments:

Post a Comment